Share This Article
This Quinoa and Veggie Buddha Bowl recipe is a wholesome and nutrient-packed meal that combines the goodness of quinoa, fresh vegetables, and a tangy dressing. Packed with essential vitamins, minerals, and plant-based protein, this dish is not only delicious but also supports a healthy and balanced diet. Let’s dive into the recipe!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup mixed greens (spinach, kale, or lettuce)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup bell peppers, sliced (assorted colors)
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, bell peppers, red onion, shredded carrots, and chickpeas.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
- Drizzle the dressing over the quinoa and veggie mixture and toss gently to combine, ensuring all ingredients are well coated.
- Sprinkle the fresh cilantro or parsley on top for added flavor and garnish.
- Serve the Quinoa and Veggie Buddha Bowl immediately, or refrigerate for later use. Enjoy!
Nutritional Facts (per serving):
Total Fat: 10g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Trans Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrate: 49g
Dietary Fiber: 9g
This Quinoa and Veggie Buddha Bowl is packed with essential nutrients. Quinoa serves as a complete protein source, offering all nine essential amino acids. It is also rich in dietary fiber, aiding in digestion and promoting a feeling of fullness. The colorful assortment of vegetables adds a variety of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to support overall health. The dressing, made with lemon juice and extra-virgin olive oil, provides a burst of flavor while adding healthy fats and beneficial compounds.
Feel free to customize this recipe by adding other favorite vegetables or toppings such as avocado, roasted sweet potatoes, or a sprinkle of seeds. This versatile and nutritious Buddha Bowl can be enjoyed as a main meal or served as a side dish alongside grilled chicken or fish for a well-rounded and satisfying meal.